Whether you’re an occasional or frequent traveler, the right steps should be taken to prevent bringing home any unwanted guests.
Minimizing your risk of bed bug infestation is easy. From investing in pillow protectors, mattress covers, to luggage and clothing encasements, there are a number of different resources travelers can use to prevent a bed bug attack. Using bedding and clothing protectors, along with following simple inspection tips, will help prevent you from infesting your home when you return.
Not sure where to start?
This month, we gathered the best tips travelers can use to prevent bed bugs.
Here’s what you should know:
- Pull all bedding back from the mattress and perform a thorough bed bug inspection. Look for light brown molted skins, dark brown markings from bed bug defecation while feeding, and blood red strains from a crushed bug.
- Remember to double check all edges and seams of the mattress, box springs, and bedding.
- Pay close attention to wood and upholstered furniture. Keep an eye out for areas around layers or buttons on the fabric.
- Buy pillow protectors and bed bug mattress covers. It’s important to note that these items should be taken with you anytime you’re staying overnight away from home.
- Use luggage racks when packing or unpacking rather than setting your luggage on the floor, bed, or upholstered chair.
- Invest in luggage and clothing encasements. These will protect your belongings from bed bugs while traveling.
- Use dissolvable laundry bags for any bedding or clothing that may have come in contact with bed bugs.
- Once you’re home, undress on a hard surface rather than on a carpeted floor if you suspect bed bugs are on your clothing.
- Be sure to hand wash items that can’t be put into the washing machine. Luggage and other items that are unable to be washed should be vacuumed. Double check any seams or folds.
It doesn’t hurt to go the extra mile when it comes to bed bug prevention.
Not only are they a nuisance to you and your family, the damages bed bug cause can add up. From replacing clothes and carpeting to investing in new bedding and furniture, the aftermath of a bed bug attack may cost you a small fortune.
As you prepare for your next vacation, don’t forget these tips from your friends at AAA Riteway. It always pays to plan ahead!
Residential and Commercial Pest Control in Broward and Palm Beach County
Have bed bugs or other pests found their way into your home?
Call AAA Riteway Pest Management Services, the full time, non-franchised, family owned South Florida pest control company you can count on.
Whether you’re looking for routine pest maintenance services for your home, or need rodent removal from your commercial property, AAA Riteway’s team of highly trained and experienced exterminators are here to help put an end to pests.
At AAA Riteway, we are committed to providing high quality customer service and integrated pest management. Let us be the solution your residential or commercial property can depend on.
Interested in learning more about our pest control services? Contact us today for a FREE estimate and inspection. The AAA Riteway team is dedicated to offering all customers great customer service at exceptional prices.
Experience the AAA Riteway difference today when you call one of our two locations in Broward and Palm Beach County:
Palm Beach County & Broward County
(561) 750-8778 | (954) 429-0664